How does the program work?
The patient and family meet with our program coordinator, who tailors services to fulfill their needs. The coordinator makes the appropriate referrals and connections to helpful community services. Examples include:
• Area Agency on Aging – Meals on Wheels
• Hospital Home Care Services – Nurses who visit clients
• Warren County Board of Assistance – Help with financial and legal matters
• Veterans’ Office
The coordinator may also assign a specially trained volunteer to work with the client
and family on day-to-day challenges. Examples include:
• Meal preparation
• Routine chores and errands
• Respite for spouse or caregiver
Where is support service provided?
Services are provided in homes, assisted living facilities, nursing homes and the hospital.
Who can refer clients to the DeFrees Support Program?
The referral may come from any of the following sources:
• Staff from nursing homes or assisted living facilities
• Social Services
How do we arrange for an appointment?
We will be happy to meet with you and your family to discuss how we can help.
Simply contact us by calling 814-723-2455.